Illinois Employment Lawyers
If you were sexually harassed or discriminated against at work or wrongfully terminated from your job, you may be confused about what to do next. You may be scared to report the situation or file a claim and unsure of how you will meet the needs of your family if you were fired. Our Illinois employment lawyers at The Cates Law Firm, LLC can answer your questions and help you get back on your feet.
You likely spend as much time at work as you do at home, so you want a safe and comfortable environment at both locations. However, employees cannot always control their surroundings or the actions of the people in their workplaces. When a supervisor or another employee makes unwanted sexual advances; treats you differently because of your gender, race, or other factors; behaves toward others in a way that makes the workplace feel hostile and unsafe; or retaliates against you because you stood up for yourself or others, you may be able to take legal action.
Our employment lawyers can listen to your story with a compassionate ear, help you understand your options, and fight to protect your rights and your job. We have earned a reputation throughout Illinois for providing skilled representation to people who have been the victims of workplace harassment or discrimination and have worked to change the way companies do business, including earning a landmark $95 million sexual harassment verdict. We’ve demonstrated that we’re not afraid to take on large corporations to fight for individuals.
Call us today at 618-277-3644, or use our online contact form, to schedule a free consultation with our lawyers about your employment case.
Compensation in Employment Claims
You may have experienced emotional distress or physical injuries due to the recklessness or negligence of others while at work. If you were wrongfully terminated or are unable to continue working, you may have a loss of income. Life-changing events can leave you unsure of how to continue. There are many ways that you can recover compensation for your losses in employment law claims.
If you make a claim against your employer or a third party for something that happened at work, you may be able to recover for the following:
- A portion of penalties imposed by the government on your employer
- Court costs, attorney’s fees, and other expenses
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
Contact us today
Our attorneys have extensive experience dealing with employment law claims in Illinois and throughout the United States. We are familiar with the laws that will enable you to recover compensation for your losses. We will help you understand the law and what kind of claim may benefit you most.Contact us today at 618-277-3644 to let us begin working for you.
Common Employment Law Issues
State and federal laws protect people while at work. Our Illinois employment lawyers at The Cates Law Firm, LLC have experience with an array of employment claims, including:
- Discrimination Claims – Many people experience discrimination at work based on age, disability, race, sex, and other personal characteristics. Our Belleville discrimination lawyers will help you file a complaint with the government entities that work to prevent this kind of situation in work environments and pursue a civil action on your behalf.
- Qui Tam/Whistleblower Lawsuits – If you know your employer is doing something illegal and they fail to rectify the situation once notified, you may be unsure about what to do. The Cates Law Firm, LLC will help you determine if a lawsuit against your employer is in your best interests. We will fight for you if you’ve faced termination or harassment following the reporting of unlawful activity, both of which are prohibited.
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace – Our Belleville sexual harassment lawyers at The Cates Law Firm, LLC are extremely successful in litigating these types of cases. We will aggressively fight for your interests against your employer and those who harassed you.
- Work Injuries – If your employer was aware of a dangerous situation at work and negligently failed to correct it, you may have a claim against your employer for your injuries.There are many ways that our Illinois personal injury lawyers at The Cates Law Firm, LLC can help you recover if you’ve been injured at work. Contact us today to find out how they can help you.
How Our Illinois Employment Lawyers at The Cates Law Firm, LLC Can Help You
Our Illinois employment lawyers at The Cates Law Firm, LLC are knowledgeable about many different areas of employment law. If you have been treated unfairly or injured on the job, we can help you recover compensation for your losses. We will thoroughly investigate your claim and help you decide what steps to take next.
Filing a claim or lawsuit against your employer can be intimidating. You may be worried that you will be terminated or face other retaliation. The law protects you. Let our experienced attorneys help you decide if an employment lawsuit is in your best interest. Contact us online or at 618-277-3644 to find out how we can help you.
Our office is conveniently located in Swansea, and we provide experienced representation throughout Illinois, including the communities of Belleville, Carbondale, Chester, East St. Louis, St. Louis, Edwardsville, Granite City, Waterloo and Madison County, Monroe County and Randolph County.