Belleville Work Injury Lawyers
Workplace accidents can result in overwhelming situations. You may have significant medical bills, be unable to continue working, and feel distressed with all the life-changes. Our Belleville personal injury lawyers at The Cates Law Firm, LLC can help you navigate the legal process while you focus on recovery.
If you’ve been injured while at work, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits; however, that probably won’t cover all of your losses. You may be able to recover additional compensation from a negligent third party through a personal injury claim. Contact our Belleville work injury lawyers at The Cates Law Firm, LLC at 618-277-3644 to find out how we can help you.
Compensation in Workplace Injury Accidents
If you were injured on the job, you likely have many unexpected expenses. You should immediately file a workers’ compensation claim, but you may also consider a third party personal injury claim. Both methods of recovery will help you meet the needs of your family after a devastating workplace accident.
Compensation through Illinois Workers’ Compensation may include:
- Lost income
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Vocational rehabilitation
If your loved one was fatally injured at work, you may also be able to recover permanent total disability as death benefits for a period of time or in a lump sum amount.
Through a personal injury claim against a negligent party, you may be able to recover for the following past and future losses:
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life or loss of a normal life
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Wage loss
A wrongful death claim may also be made if your loved one was fatally injured by the negligent or reckless actions of another person or company while at work. You may be able to recover for unexpected economic and non economic losses as a result of the accident, as well as burial and funeral expenses.
Determining Liability in Workplace Accidents
Accidents that occur at work can have many different causes. Although workers’ compensation will provide benefits regardless of fault, you may be able to make an additional claim depending on the details of your situation.
The following parties may be held responsible in a workplace accident claim:
- Your employer – Illinois law protects employers that carry workers’ compensation insurance and follow state and federal health and safety regulations. However, if your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance or if they acted negligently or recklessly by not meeting regulation requirements, you may have a personal injury claim against the company. Our Belleville workplace injury lawyers at The Cates Law Firm, LLC can help you determine if a lawsuit against your employer is in your best interests.
- A third party – Someone other than your employer may be responsible for injuries you suffer while on the job. The Cates Law Firm, LLC has experience proving fault against liable third parties in workplace injury claims. Our attorneys will help you pursue a case against anyone responsible for your injuries.
Contact us today
Our attorneys have extensive experience dealing with work injury claims in Illinois and throughout the United States. We are familiar with the laws that will enable you to recover compensation for your losses. We will help you understand the law and what kind of claim may benefit you most.Contact us today at 618-277-3644 to let us begin working for you.
Common Workplace Accidents
Employees cannot always control their surroundings while at work. Our dedicated workplace injury attorneys at The Cates Law Firm, LLC have experience representing people who have been injured in the course and scope of their employment throughout Illinois.
Examples of claims that we have handled include:
- Assault and battery by a coworker
- Construction injuries
- Dangerous premises claims, including icy parking lots, failure to secure property, and asbestos/mesothelioma cases
- Defective products, including machinery, automobiles, and industrial equipment
- Farm accidents
- Jones Act claims
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Workers’ Compensation claims
Our Belleville Work Injury Lawyers at The Cates Law Firm, LLC Can Help You
Injuries suffered at work can have distressing results. You may be unable to work and have mounting medical bills. Workers’ compensation may cover some of your expenses, but it will not likely meet all of your needs. Our Belleville work injury lawyers at The Cates Law Firm, LLC can help you assert a claim against any third parties who are also responsible for your injuries.
We have the knowledge and resources to represent your rights after an unexpected workplace injury. We will investigate your claim, evaluate the situation, and help you navigate the legal process. Call us today at 618-277-3644 or contact us online with the form below to find out how we can help you.
From our office conveniently located in Swansea, we provide experienced representation throughout Illinois, including the communities of Carbondale, Chester, East St. Louis, Edwardsville, Granite City, Waterloo, and Madison County, Monroe County and Randolph County.